Monday, October 18, 2010

Abi's poetry

I thought I would put some of Abi's poetry on here since she spent so much time on it.  She loves Shel Silverstein so these are inspired by his books.
String
string goes long and thin
up and down
up and down
on a fence
swinging
twirling
all day long
all day long
String
by Abi

Rock
little rock sitting there
can't make a move right then and there
under the place where I am sitting
writing this poem just for you
by Abi

Flower
Flower delicate beautiful in bloom
nice bright colors
in the sun
wild as the wind
Flower
by Abi

Rain
rain is pitter pattering down on me
on the grass
on the tree
rain is fun to play in
I like
Rain
by Abi

Dandelion
Dandelion proud and tall
let your seeds go in the wind,
fly up to the sky
now, let them go gracefully
Dandelion
by Abi

Truck
Truck on the street whizzing by
people in a rush 
dark at night
driving home while I am safe and sound
Truck
by Abi

1 comment: